Baked beef tongue uses meat that many people have never tried. It’s easy to fix and quite tasty. Here’s how to fix it. My recipe disguises the meat, so it has more appeal.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 beef tongue
- 4 cups bread crumbs or chopped up bread
- 3 Tbsp. chopped onions
- salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- sage (to taste)
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- broth from boiling the tongue
Remove the skin from the tongue after boiling it.
Slice the tongue or cut it into chunks.
Tips & Warnings
- It’s OK to substitute a box stuffing mix for the homemade stuffing.
- Make sure the meat is covered well by the stuffing so it doesn’t dry out in the oven.
- Cold, sliced tongue makes tasty sandwiches.
- Beef tongue is cooked in Mexican recipes too and called lengua.